Crowdfunding Pitch Videos
Crowdfunding pitch videos are unique. They are a blend of overview videos, calls to action and direct to camera appeals. They are informative, but they are also supposed to be fun. We have helped run more than 10 campaigns on Indiegogo, helping to raise over $250,000 for non-profits around the country. The campaigns that have been the most successful are the ones that have kept it simple and focused. Here are some of our tips for creating an effective crowdfunding pitch video:
- The video should be short; less than five minutes, ideally less than three. This video does not have to be all-encompassing, in fact it should be laser focused on only one thing: raising the most money for your campaign.
- You should speak directly to your audience; you are asking them for money and it should feel personal. You have to assume that most of the people watching the pitch video have never heard of your company or organization, and this is your opportunity to to have a direct conversation with them — make it count.
- Pitch videos should demonstrate your company or organization’s personality. These videos are supposed to be fun! Asking people for money is hard, but it does not have to be stiff too.
- People should want to share your pitch video. The only way to run a successful crowdfunding campaign is if people share your campaign with their networks. You want to reach as many people as possible, and that will only happen if people want to share your pitch video. Think about what kind of video you would share with your friends and family.
- Be realistic with your goals. Explain to your audience what the money will allow you to do, and what it won’t. If people understand what their money is funding, they are more likely to donate.
Let us know how we can help you to craft the perfect pitch video for your company or organization!